Daily Email

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Prayer: Making Space for God

God
knocks at my door
seeking a home for his son.
Rent is cheap, I say.
I don't want to rent. I want to buy, says God.
I'm not so sure I want to sell,
but you might come in to look around.
I think I will, says God.
I might let you have a room or two.
I like it, says God. I'll take the two.
You might decide to give me more some day.
I can wait, says God.
I'd like to give you more,
but it's a bit difficult. I need some space for me.
I know, says God, but I'll wait. I like what I see.
Hm, maybe I can let you have another room.
I really don't need that much.
Thanks, says God. I'll take it. I like what I see.
I'd like to give you the whole house
but I'm not sure...
Think on it says God. I wouldn't put you out.
Your house would be mine and my son would live in it.
You'd have more space than you'd ever had before.
I don't understand at all.
I know, says God, but I can't tell you about that.
You'll have to discover it for yourself.
That can only happen if you let me have the whole house.
A bit risky, I say.
Yes, says God. But try me.
I'm not sure --
I'll let you know.

I can wait, says God. I like what I see.

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to start the day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true that the more we surrender to God, the more freedom we experience. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just wish it were easier to do, but once done, we realize how much we've needed it.

      Delete